Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes. Bacon and scallops are tossed with linguine pasta, white wine, and garlic in this quick and tasty pasta dinner good enough for guests. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. DIRECTIONS Cook linguine til al dente in a large pot of boiling water.
Get the recipe for Linguine With Scallops and Brown Butter. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta; reserve the pot. You can cook Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- You need 450 g of dry linguine.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 340 g of bay scallops.
- You need 300 g of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s Handful of fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped.
Cook linguine to al dente according to package directions; drain well. Cover and keep warm while preparing Add broccoli and heat through. Cut tomatoes and basil into thin strips; set aside. Rinse scallops with running cold water to remove sand from crevices Fingerling Potato Salad with Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
Linguine with bay scallops, bacon, and tomatoes instructions
- Fry the bacon in a pan. Once the slices are crisp, set them aside on a paper-towel lined plate to drain..
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of boiling salted water..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and fry for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the pepper flakes and tomato paste and continue frying another 2 minutes..
- Add the scallops and tomatoes to the pan. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir to combine. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the scallops are cooked through and the tomatoes are just starting to blister. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter. Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper..
- Your pasta should be just about cooked by this time. Drag the noodles and a little cooking water into the pan of sauce. Roughly chop up the bacon you cooked earlier and add it to the sauce, along with the parsley. Give everything a good toss, then serve..
Linguine with Scallops recipe: Try this Linguine with Scallops recipe, or contribute your own. Add tomatoes, olives and oregano; heat until simmering. When pasta is done, drain well. This easy pasta dish is quick enough for a week night but elegant enough for entertaining on the weekend. Stir in cooked scallops and tomatoes.