Japanese Curry. Japanese curry (カレー, karē) is commonly served in three main forms: curry rice (カレーライス, karē raisu, curry over rice), curry udon (curry over noodles), and curry bread (a curry-filled pastry). Delicious Japanese chicken curry recipe for a weeknight dinner! This Japanese Curry Recipe is a little spicy & sweet, with a thick gravy-like sauce that's silky & delicious!
Japanese curry is nothing like Indian curry, Thai curry or not even Korean curry… Japanese curry is something different, something special. Especially Coco curry, it's a bit different than Japanese home. Japanese curry can be made in a few different ways, but in general, the dish is prepared by mixing a curry roux into a base of meat, vegetables, and seasoned liquid. You can have Japanese Curry using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry
- It’s 3 pieces of bacon (diced small).
- It’s 3-4 cups of water.
- Prepare 12-15 of baby carrots (cut into thirds).
- Prepare 2 of rusett potatoes (cut medium).
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of brick of S&Bs Golden Curry sauce mix.
- You need 4 of chicken tenderloin cutlets.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1-2 cups of rice (I used brown rice).
The entire thing is then slow-cooked. Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. These are Japanese instant curry blocks, also known as curry roux. But at least Japan had curry.
Japanese Curry step by step
- In rice cooker add 1-2 cups of rice..
- In a medium pot add bacon. Cook until done. DO NOT DRAIN GREASE!.
- While bacon cooks. Cut your carrots into 3rds and cut onion into chunks or cut small. Potatoes cut into 4ths..
- In the pot where you cooked the bacon add 3 or 4 cups water. Depending how soupy you want it. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF. ADD SLOWLY!.
- Add your curry sauce and garlic. Bring to a boil and let melt all the way..
- Add your veggies and add worcestershire sauce. Cover and bring the heat down to a simmer. Stir frequent, so it doesn't stick..
- While veggies are cooking, in a pan add olive oil and pan sear your chicken. Until brown and crispy on both sides..
- When chicken is done cut into small strips..
- Add rice on one side, curry to the other side and your chicken in the middle. ENJOY!!!!.
Japanese curry rice is the best #comfortfood. Weird flex, but I already have an answer if someone randomly asks me to pick one Japanese dish to eat for the rest of my life. Loaded with tender chunks of chicken, carrots and potatoes For some dishes like Japanese curry (カレーライス – karei raisu), pre-made mixes have become the. This easy recipe for Japanese Chicken Curry is a healthier take on fried Chicken Katsu Curry. Impress your friends and family with this simple, fragrant and flavorful dish.