Vegan Chocolate Rum Cake with Sticky Rum Glaze.
You can have Vegan Chocolate Rum Cake with Sticky Rum Glaze using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chocolate Rum Cake with Sticky Rum Glaze
- It’s 3 cup of sorghum flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar or sugar substitute.
- It’s 8 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut rum.
- It’s 2 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of strong coffee.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s of glaze.
- You need 4 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 4 tbsp of coconut rum.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of instant coffee granules.
- It’s of sliced strawberries for decorating.
Vegan Chocolate Rum Cake with Sticky Rum Glaze instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients well. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients one by one. Stir well to combine everything. Do not have to over mix the batter. Just stir gently..
- Pour it into a round cake pan sprayed with non stick spray. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 35 minutes. It’s cooked when the top is lightly cracked and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not overcook the cake or else the crust will be too hard. Let the cooked cake cool for 5 minutes in the pan..
- While the cake is cooling get the glaze ready. Combine maple syrup, rum and cocoa powder & coffee granules. Gently heat until everything is combined. Do not boil it..
- Place a plate over the cake and turn over to remove then place final serving plate on top and invert again. Prick the cake with a fork gently all over. Pour the warm glaze over the cake with as spoon carefully. Make sure the entire surface is covered with the glaze. Do it slowly giving it time to seep in..
- Slice strawberries and place decoratively on top. The remaining cake will only taste better the next day. It’s yummy with a cup of hot coffee or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!.