Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars.
You can cook Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars
- It’s of Crust.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, cut in slices.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely shredded lime peel.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk (or 4 tbsp coconut rum).
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh mint.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- You need of finely shredded lime peel (optional).
- You need of fresh mint leaves (optional).
Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside..
- For Crust: In a food processor combine the 1-3/4 cups flour, the pecans, and the 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Add butter slices. Cover; process with several on/off turns until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until crust is light brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes while preparing filling..
- For Filling: in a medium bowl whisk together eggs, the 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, the 2 tablespoons lime peel, the lime juice, the 1/4 cup flour, the milk (or rum), snipped fresh mint, baking powder, and salt until combined. Pour filling over hot crust..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or just until filling is set and edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack..
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan; cut into bars. Sift powdered sugar over bars. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, garnish with additional lime peel and fresh mint leaves..
- To Store: Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week..