Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg.
You can have Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg
- Prepare 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh rosemary, divided, 1 stripped of leaves.
- Prepare 1 medium of sweet potato.
- Prepare 4 cup of fresh chard greens.
- You need 1 small of shallot.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Arborio rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 oz of Parmesan, divided and shaved.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of black pepper, to taste.
Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg step by step
- In a medium saucepot, combine bouillon cube and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add one sprig of rosemary to broth and set aside..
- Peel and shred sweet potato; it should amount to about 3 cups. Remove the stems and roughly chop the chard greens. Finely chop the shallot..
- Heat a medium saucepot over medium-low heat and add olive oil. Add shallots to the pot, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the Arborio rice. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 more minutes or until lightly toasted. Add sweet potatoes and chard and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Remove rosemary sprig from the broth. Add 1/2 cup of broth to Arborio rice and sweet potato mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir rice slowly and thoroughly so it begins to absorb the liquid. Once most of the liquid is absorbed, add another 1/2 cup of broth. Repeat this process 4 more times until all the broth is gone and the rice is plump and tender, which should take around 15-20 minutes. Add butter, half of the Parmesan, ground nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and remove from heat..
- Finely chop remaining rosemary leaves. Spoon risotto onto the center of each plate and top with chopped rosemary and remaining Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!.