Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole. This Philly cheese steak casserole recipe certainly isn't authentic since I've skipped the bun and started Philly cheesesteak casserole recipe: I started with ground beef (blasphemous, I know) This low carb favorite is always welcome on my table. Cheeseburger Casserole: This is the recipe. What could be more delicious than shaved steak and sauteed veggies tossed in a creamy cheese sauce?
I recommend that you remove it from the freezer the night before you plan to eat it. Keyword keto steak, low carb steak, Philly Cheese Steak Casserole. Philly cheesesteaks are wildly popular for a reason… they're SO delicious! You can have Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper – chopped.
- It’s 4 oz of fresh button mushrooms – chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 6-8 slices of provolone cheese.
This low-carb CASSEROLE version is no different. This nut-free, gluten-free, keto philly cheesesteak casserole is ready in just under an hour and will leave you satiated and satisfied for hours! I hope you love this Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole as much as we do! We ate ours with a salad for dinner.
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole instructions
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up to a fine crumble as you go. About halfway through cooking the meat add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir in the salt, pepper, onion powder, and worcestershire. Continue cooking until the veggies are tender..
- When meat mixture is done do not drain. Transfer directly to a greased 9×9 inch casserole dish, spreading out evenly. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes..
- While the meat is cooling preheat oven to 350°F. Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Add cream to eggs. Wisk together until well blended..
- Pour egg blend evenly over meat mixture in casserole dish. Top evenly with provolone to cover (I used 7 1/2 slices to get the coverage I desired)..
- Place casserole in oven. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles when you shake the dish. If the cheese begins to brown too much while cooking loosely tent with foil. When done, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Dish it up and enjoy!.
You could also pair it with some other low carb sides for your family's dinner. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Utensils. Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Ingredients – Prepped. Make up several pans of this low carb Philly cheesesteak casserole for your freezer.