Old Fashioned German Apple Cake. If you like apple cakes then you must try this German Old Fashioned Apple Cake. It does not need any special ingredients Enjoy this cake with a cup of coffee or tea, and serve it with whipped cream or a warm Vanilla Sauce with some vanilla ice cream – Recipe How to Make. Mix together flour, cinnamon & baking soda.
This Russian apple cake called 'Sharlotka' is the easiest to make apple cake recipe ever. All you need to make Sharlotka is apples, flour, sugar and eggs. This old-fashioned apple cake is made w/ fresh apples, crunchy walnuts, & cream cheese frosting! You can have Old Fashioned German Apple Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned German Apple Cake
- Prepare 4 cups of apples, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s To taste of Cinnamon and nutmeg, for topping.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- You need 8 oz. of pkg cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of butter, melted.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
Their family had an old-fashioned apple cake recipe that had been passed down for generations. It was their favorite cake recipe, and they all loved it. This is a very rich and delicious German Apple Cake with baked apples in Vanilla Pudding. It's a dream of a cake!
Old Fashioned German Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixer beat together sugar, oil and eggs..
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in separate bowl..
- Slowly incorporate into mixer of wet ingredients..
- Fold in the chopped apples..
- Place cake mixture into a greased 9×13 dish..
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and nutmeg..
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before making frosting..
- Once cake has cooled completely, make your frosting by adding the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to mixer until well combined..
- Spread evenly over cake..
All Reviews for Old Fashioned Apple Cake. Old Fashioned Apple Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This German apple cake is almost a cross between a cake, Dutch apple pie, and dessert bars since it is baked The ingredient list for German apple cake is super simple. We're keeping things fresh with delicious, sweet-tart apples Old-Fashioned Applesauce Oatmeal Cake from Bread, Booze & Bacon. German Apple Cake has chunks of fresh apple, lots of fall spices, crunchy pecans, and a thick layer of cream cheese frosting.