Aunt Cathys' Bacardi Rum Cake.
You can cook Aunt Cathys' Bacardi Rum Cake using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aunt Cathys' Bacardi Rum Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of pecans or walnuts, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of 18oz yellow cake mix.
- You need 1 of 3 3/4 ounce pkg instant vanilla pudding.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold water, 1/4 cup for glaze.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of Bacardi rum, dark, separated into 1/2 and 1/2.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
Aunt Cathys' Bacardi Rum Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 10 inch tube or 12 inch bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts in bottom of pan..
- Mix all cake ingredients together (cake mix, pudding, eggs, 1/2 cup cold water, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup rum. Pour over nuts and bake for 1 hour. Cool. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork..
- For glaze, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of rum. Drizzle and smooth glaze on the cake. Decorate with whipped cream, if desired..