You can have Chicken Cacciatore using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- It’s of Onion.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of boneless chicken thighs or breasts, skinned.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of celery salt.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of white wine.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of tagliatelle.
- You need of Black olives to garnish.
- You need of fresh (or dry) oregano plus extra to garnish.
- Prepare of can chopped or skinned tomatoes.
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- Finely chopped the onion and crush the garlic. Cut the chicken into chucks. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions, garlic and oregano and fry for about 3 minutes until softened..
- Add the chicken pieces, sprinkle in the celery salt or normal salt and season with pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until lightly browned..
- Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer. Add the tomatoes and sugar, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through..
- Bring a salted water to the boil, add tagliatelle and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain well..
- Serve the chicken garnished with the black olives and oregano and accompany with the pasta..