Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Using half and half instead of heavy cream, processed potatoes instead of fresh, or canned chicken broth instead of homemade will ruin this dish. Vichyssoise (pronounced "vishi'swaz"), although invented in the USA, is a French-style soup made of puréed leeks, onions, potatoes, cream, and chicken stock.
Add the potatoes and leek and cook gently, without browning. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Vichyssoise is a chilled soup of leeks and potatoes that are cooked down with cream and chicken stock before being puréed smooth. You can cook Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup
- You need of Soup.
- It’s 400 g (14.10 oz) of Potatoes.
- You need 400 g (14.10 oz) of Onions.
- It’s 500 ml (16.90 fl oz) of Water.
- You need 500 ml (16.90 fl oz) of Milk.
- Prepare 200 ml (6.76 fl oz) of Heavy Cream.
- You need 5 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper *fine.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare to taste of Fried onion.
- Prepare to taste of Chives.
Vichyssoise (Chilled Potato and Leek Soup). Vichyssoise Soup will be one of your favorite soup recipes as this is a delicious leek and potato soup that is so smooth and creamy! A great first course dish to serve at a dinner party or how about for a. Sweet potatoes with its bright orange flesh, some varieties have purple, are highly nutritious, full of anti-oxidants, vitamins A & C and trace minerals.
Vichyssoise Potato & Onion Cold Cream Soup instructions
- Peel potatoes, chop small, and then put in water for 10 mins. to remove scum..
- Peel onions and slice thinly..
- Stir-fry potatoes and onions with butter. Cook with low heat and stir -fry well to make the onion sweeter and make this mixture richer..
- Season it with salt & pepper..
- Add water and mix gently..
- Put in soup stock powder, or cube and melt, then stew for 15 mins. with low heat..
- Stop the heat and blend it. This will be the tasty soup base..
- Add milk, heavy cream, and mix gently. Heat again with low heat. *Do not boil to make it mild & rich!.
- After the soup is well heated, add parmesan cheese and mix well..
- Add honey, mix well, and stew 5 mins. Keep stirring the bottom gently to avoid burning it..
- Stop the heat, cool down, then pour the soup into a container and keep in the refrigerator over night..
- Pour the soup to the serving bowl or cooler container..
- Put fried onions on top..
- Mince chives..
- Put minced chives on the top and done!.
- 2nd day soup is so rich and creamy! It would be a nice side menu of your meal!.
- Also recommended! "Rich Kabocha Squash Potage Soup" Recipe ID : 13039187 "Corn & Sweet Potato Rich Cold Potage Soup" Recipe ID : 13282233.
Potato Leek Soup (aka Vichyssoise) – The Perfect Autumn in San Francisco Soup. This can be a strange time of year for weather in San Francisco. A thick soup that is fresh, clean and filling from the Natural Gourmet Institute. A vichyssoise style cold potato soup that's ideal for al fresco dining on warm summer nights. Cook above ingredients until potatoes are soft, then put through. desired.