You can have Rum-Raisin Rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rum-Raisin Rice
- It’s 1.5 C of rice.
- You need 3 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 t of rum extract.
- It’s 3/4 C of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 t of cumin.
- It’s 1 t of ground coriander seed.
- It’s 1 t of orange peel seasoning.
- You need 1 t of ancho chile.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt & black pepper.
Rum-Raisin Rice step by step
- Heat chicken stock seperately in a saucepot..
- Heat butter slowly in a saucepot. When butter begins to brown, add rice. Stir. Season with coriander, orange peel, cumin, ancho chile, salt, and pepper..
- Add raisins and rum extract. Stir 1 minute with heat on medium. Add stock. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Do not remove cover. Let steam for 8 minutes..
- Variations; Coconut, roasted bell or hot pepper puree, cilantro, ginger, lime, pineapple, mango, papaya, vinegar, corn, wine, bourbon, brandy, beer, pecans, walnuts, honey, brown sugar, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, clove, nutmeg, sumac, chile powder, turmeric, celery seed, apple cider, curry, currants, golden raisins, cardamom, lemon, gin, ponzu.