Bolinhas de Cocoa(Goanese Cookies).
You can cook Bolinhas de Cocoa(Goanese Cookies) using 8 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bolinhas de Cocoa(Goanese Cookies)
- You need of freshly grated Coconut/dessicated Coconut.
- It’s of Semolina.
- It’s of granulated Sugar.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Ghee/unsalted Butter.
- It’s of large Eggs.
- Prepare of Cardamom powder/1 teaspoon Vanilla essence.
- You need of Salt.
Bolinhas de Cocoa(Goanese Cookies) instructions
- Take dessicated coconut in a bowl and soak with water.If you are using fresh coconut skip the step..
- Heat a pan and add in semolina. Dry roast in medium heat until a roasted flavour emits and semolina becomes free flawing. Note that the colour of semolina shouldn't change..
- Transfer to a dish..
- In the same pan take water and sugar..
- Place it on medium heat and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Once the sugar has dissolved, keep stirring the solution and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Note that the mixture should be light syrup. Add in 1 lunch of salt and cardamom powder to the mixture. As I personally don't like cardamom flavour in cookies, I added 1 teaspoon vanilla essence..
- Now add in roasted semolina, soaked coconut and ghee to the sugar mixture. Switch on the flame, stir the mixture well to incorporate everything well..
- Continue to stir and cook for 2-3 minutes ot until the mixture forms a thick lump..
- Let the mixture cool completely and then transfer to a container. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight..
- Next day or after 8 hour take out the mixture from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature..
- Break eggs in a bowl and whisk them until really fluffy..
- Pour this whisked egg to the coconut semolina mixture..
- With your hand mix well to incorporate the egg to the mixture. Now the cookie mixture will be little sticky and moist..
- Keep the mixture again in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to become little hard to handle..
- After 20 minutes take out the dough from the refrigerator..
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes..
- Take lime size portion of the dough, roll with your palm and slightly press to give a cookie shape..
- Place it on a lined baking tray. Similarly shape all the cookies and place them in the baking tray. Keep some gap between the cookies..
- Decorate the top by marking criss-crosses with a table knife..
- Bake the cookies for about 25 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. The cookies should be golden brown in colour and little crisp from outside..
- Take out the tray from the oven, keep aside for 5 minutes to cool and then transfer to a dish. I baked 2 batches of these delicious Goanese Cookies..
- When they cool down completely keep them in airtight container. They are perfect snack with a cup of tea or coffee..