Super Easy Pickled Red Onions. Pickled Red Onions are a great way to use leftover red onion and are a great topping for tacos Quick and Easy Homemade Pickled Red Onions. What Do You Eat with Pickled Red Onions. These were outstanding and super easy.
I eat them on so many things! All you need is one red onion, a few easy ingredients (vinegar, salt, and some kind of sweetener) to make your pickling base, plus any extra seasonings. Think pickled red onions are hard? You can have Super Easy Pickled Red Onions using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Easy Pickled Red Onions
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need of I teaspoon sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard seeds.
- You need 12 of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 8 of whole allspice.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
Think again with this easy recipe. Of course, they're amazing on sandwiches like this grilled summer squash sandwich or on these super flavorful dr. pepper pulled pork sliders, but they're also a welcomed condiment to any salad or meat dish. Learning how to make pickled red onions is SO easy – it only takes five minutes and you probably have all the ingredients! You'll love having a jar of these in your fridge for tacos, avocado toast, and more!
Super Easy Pickled Red Onions step by step
- Peel the red onion, cut into 1/4" thick slices..
- Place in bowl and pour boiling water over the sliced onions and let sit for 30 seconds. Then rinse in cold water..
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved..
- Place the red onion slices in a jar that has an airtight fitting lid. Add the remaining ingredients and then pour over the vinegar mixture. Refrigerate..
- Delicious served with hamburgers, tacos and salads. Enjoy!.
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know from my stories that I'm obsessed. I only use red onions for my picked onions, but yellow or white onions can be used as well. Of course you won't get that lovely bright-pink color, but if At their most basic, pickled red onions are simply sliced onions that have been covered in a mixture of vinegar, salt, and sugar, and allowed to marinate. These easy & quick Pickled Red Onions are downright addictive! They're super pretty and delicate, perfect for making salads extra lovely.