Tagliatelle with mushrooms and saffron. The region of Umbria is known as the 'green heart' of Italy. I make my tagliatelle with saffron so it looks lovely and yellow, but you don't have to. I don't use oil here, as I'm not looking to work the dough Using tongs, transfer the pasta to serving plates.
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for passing at the table. In a small saucepan, bring the stock and saffron to a simmer over medium-high. Reduce the heat to low; let the saffron steep in the stock while you heat up the pasta water and start the sauce. You can cook Tagliatelle with mushrooms and saffron using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tagliatelle with mushrooms and saffron
- Prepare of egg tagliatelle.
- You need of mushrooms.
- You need of Saffron.
- Prepare of Small chopped onion.
- You need of stock.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Glug of white wine.
- It’s of Parsley to serve.
- You need of Olive oil.
Basic pasta dough and a luxurious sauce from one of the masters. Recipe adapted from "Mastering Pasta: The Art and Practice of Handmade Pasta, Gnocchi, and Risotto," by Marc Vetri with David Joachim. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the tagliatelle with the mushroom sauce, adding pasta water as needed to moisten.
Tagliatelle with mushrooms and saffron step by step
- Wash and chop mushrooms. Cook chopped onions in a little oil..
- When onions are soft, add the mushrooms and turn up the heat slightly. When they release their water add the wine and let it evaporate. Now add the saffron and stir.
- Add stock and then simmer gently while you bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta according to instructions, drain al dente. Add parsley to sauce. Add pasta sauce and mix well. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan 😍.
Season to taste with more salt and pepper and serve immediately This Recipe Appears In. French in a Flash: Pâtes aux Cêpes (Tagliatelle with Porcini Mushrooms and Crème Fraîche). Meaty mushrooms are sautéed with shallots, wine and parsley and served with homemade tagliatelle pasta. The softness of the fresh pasta paired with the meatiness of the mushrooms and a touch of wine. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and add some cooking water to thin sauce.