Basic Cheese Fondue.
You can have Basic Cheese Fondue using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Cheese Fondue
- You need 1 of garlic clove, halved crosswise.
- You need 1 of 1⁄2 cups dry white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of kirsch.
- Prepare 1/2 lbs of Emmental cheese, coarsely grated.
- You need 1/2 lbs of Gruyère, coarsely grated.
- You need of Grated nutmeg.
- Prepare of Italian or French bread cut into cubes. Stale is best.
Basic Cheese Fondue instructions
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic..
- Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat..
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly until cheese is just melted and creamy. Add cheese slowly until each addition is melted..
- Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup and stir into cheese..
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes..
- Add nutmeg if desired and stir in..
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a low heat..
- Serve with cubed, slightly stale or dried out Italion Bread..