Banana and Cocoa Cupcakes.
You can have Banana and Cocoa Cupcakes using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana and Cocoa Cupcakes
- Prepare of [90 grams] Plain flour.
- You need of [4 grams] Baking powder.
- It’s of [10 grams] Cocoa powder.
- It’s of [60 grams] Butter or margarine.
- Prepare of [60 grams] Sugar.
- You need of  Egg.
- You need of [25 ml] Milk.
- It’s of Vanilla extract.
- You need of [1 1/2 small] Banana.
Banana and Cocoa Cupcakes step by step
- Mash the banana with a fork..
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large bowl for 20 seconds in a 900 W microwave, add the sugar and mix well..
- Add a beaten egg and mix, followed by vanilla extract and milk, and then mix again..
- Add the mashed banana and mix well once more..
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and sift into the mixture. Mix until the lumps have disappeared..
- Pour the mixture into paper cups (if using side dish cups, use size 9) and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 25 minutes..
- For those that don't want the cupcakes to puff out too much, put the paper cups in something like a pudding mould and they should come out I put mine in so that they become a bit taller..
- I omitted cocoa powder from the mixture and halved the recipe for 10 cupcakes..
- If you aren't using cocoa powder, mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the mashed banana. This will stop browning..
- If you leave out the banana, the cupcakes won't be as sweet so slightly increase the sugar or else the bitterness from the cocoa powder will be overwhelming..