Sourdough Banana Bread. You'll also need a stand mixer or electric hand held mixer. Stir in bananas and sourdough starter. Stir flour and measure again with salt, baking powder and soda.
Sourdough banana bread is put together like a regular quick bread but it uses a cup of sourdough starter to replace part of the flour and liquid from a traditional banana bread recipe. Use fresh Sourdough Starter to make delicious Banana Bread your family will love. Sourdough Banana Bread recipe is an easy and delicious way to use up sourdough starter in a not too sweet banana bread. You can cook Sourdough Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Banana Bread
- Prepare 113 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 40 g of condensed milk.
- You need 1 of large egg (70g).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dark rum or vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of unfed sourdough starter(room temperature).
- It’s 3 of bananas, mashed.
- You need 240 g of all purposes flour, sifted.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Topped with cinnamon sugar, this just may be the most perfect breakfast. Sourdough Banana Bread Not sure what to do with that sourdough starter that you need to cast off? Make this great banana bread recipe with that sourdough. Sourdough banana bread is a huge hit in my house and one of the most loved recipes on my site.
Sourdough Banana Bread instructions
- Grease and flour 8 nonstick rectangle carbon steel muffin pan (5.5*9cm) or 8*5 inch loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda then sifted..
- Cream together the butter with sugar. Add egg, and rum (vanilla). Mix in the condensed milk, sourdough starter and mashed bananas..
- Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix. (Or you will have tough bread!).
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch bread pan. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean..
- Cool completely prior to slicing..
- So moist and yummy!.
I converted my grandma's recipe years ago and my kids devour this sourdough banana bread recipe. Sourdough Banana Nut Bread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This sourdough banana bread recipe uses discard sourdough for a thrifty quick bread that uses ingredients that might otherwise be wasted. This sourdough banana bread is best when both the bananas and the starter are past their prime for other uses. Spent sourdough that you'd normally discard and brown, gooey bananas give this.