Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas. Al Dente rotini pasta combined in a homemade alfredo sauce mixed with broccoli and chicken breast. Dice the chicken and add it and their juices back to the pan. Add the cooked & drained rotini pasta, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil then mix until combined.
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Uncover and add pasta, remaining sage, and Parmesan cheese; toss to combine. While pasta cooks, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. You can cook Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas
- You need 188 grams of whole wheat rotini.
- You need 1 head of broccoli.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth).
- You need 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 540 ml of canned chickpeas.
- It’s 2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
I made this with whole-wheat pasta and fresh broccoli — it was fine but too salty! Drain pasta and broccoli; stir into skillet with marinara mixture. Find recipes that suit your lifestyle with our new nutritionist-approved dietary tags. Early fall is broccoli season and the perfect time to make a satisfying and comforting dinner like mac and cheese.
Rotini with Broccoli and Chickpeas step by step
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 6 minutes. Add broccoli and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pasta and broccoli are just tender, about 3 minutes more. Drain..
- Whisk broth and flour in a small bowl..
- Heat oil in the pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute..
- Add in the broth mixture. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until it thickens..
- Add chickpeas, vinegar, salt, pepper and the pasta mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 2 minutes..
This tasty iteration with whole grain rotini pasta. I've made it with brown rice pasta, chickpea rotini and red lentil rotini, in each case with tasty results. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer for several minutes or just until the broccoli is tender-crisp. Try Barilla Chickpea Rotini, made with non-GMO chickpeas, in your next meal for a delicious pasta that's naturally gluten free, low in carbs, and high in Rotini pasta's spiraled, corkscrew shape is designed to add a twist to your next pasta recipe. You can make this rotini with chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes ahead of time and serve it hot or at room temperature.