Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin).
You can cook Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin)
- It’s 250 gms of potatoes boiled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- You need 1 of Green chilli finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s As needed of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasthoori methi leaves crushed.
- You need 1 of tbps Coriander leaves chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) step by step
- Boil the potatoes peel them and cube into pieces. Keep aside. Heat oil in wide kadai add mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds crackled completely add cumin seeds..
- Add chopped onion. Saute for a bit add ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Once the raw smell goes off, reduce the flame. Add all the masala powders one by one and mix with another hand. Don't burn the masala. Add salt and Kasturi methi leaves, saute a bit..
- Now add the cubed potatoes and mix it carefully don't break the potatoes. Roast for another 5 minutes in medium flame and stir every one minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any rice or roti..