Moist Cocoa Roll Cake.
You can have Moist Cocoa Roll Cake using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist Cocoa Roll Cake
- Prepare of Eggs.
- You need of Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- You need of Pure cocoa powder.
- You need of Milk.
- Prepare of Heavy cream (45%).
- You need of Sugar (extra fine granulated sugar if you have).
Moist Cocoa Roll Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Combine the cake flour and cocoa powder in a plastic bag and shake well..
- Put the eggs in a bowl, add the granulated sugar, and mix lightly. Warm the mixture up in a double boiler until it feels warm to the touch..
- Whip well with a hand mixer at high speed for about 5 minutes. Until the batter becomes thick and drips like ribbons, leaving tracks on the batter and some mixture stays in the wire beaters..
- Reduce the speed and beat on the lowest setting for about 2 minutes..
- Sift in the cake flour and cocoa powder together..
- Mix the batter quickly until it's no longer floury. Mix as if to scatter the flour around so as not to create any lumps..
- Warm the milk in a microwave until it starts to steam lightly. Pour the warmed milk into the batter and mix well by scooping it up from the bottom, about 50 times..
- Lay two layers of parchment paper in a baking tray, and pour the batter all at once into it..
- Smooth out the surface with a scraper, tap it on the counter to release air bubbles. Lower the oven temperature to 190℃ and bake for 10~12 minutes..
- When it's baked, place it on a wooden board and cover with one sheet of parchment paper. Put a moist tea towel on top and let it cool down..
- Add the sugar to the heavy cream and whip until the cream forms a thick ribbon when the whisk is lifted. Roll the cake with the whipped cream inside, wrap with cling film and chill in the fridge for more than 1 hour. And it's done..
- Please take a look at the detailed instructions for rolling a cake,. If you find it hard to roll the cake as there is too much whipped cream on it, reduce the amount of cream to roll..