Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast.
You can have Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast
- It’s of ● For The Egg Bread Coat.
- Prepare 6 of LG Egglands Best Eggs [whisked well].
- It’s 1 Dash of Half & Half Cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 Dash of Pineapple Juice.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut [+ reserves].
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Quality Strawberry Preserves [+ reserves].
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Mint Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Salted Butter [to fry french toast].
- It’s of ● For The Bread.
- You need 8 of Thick Slices Bread [texas toast works best].
- You need of ● For The Fruits [to taste – all chopped or sliced].
- It’s of ● Note: [make certain your fruits are ripe but firm & fresh].
- It’s of Strawberries.
- Prepare of Bananas.
- It’s of Pineapple [cubed – reserve juices].
- Prepare of Cantaloupe.
- It’s of Green Melon.
- Prepare of Tangerine.
- It’s of Grapes.
- It’s of Kiwi [peeled].
- You need of Blueberries [optional].
- You need of ● For The Garnish [as needed].
- It’s of Shredded Sweetened Coconut Shavings.
- It’s of ● For The Options.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rum Extract [added to egg bread coat].
- Prepare to taste of Cinnamon.
Mike's Tropical Caribbean French Toast instructions
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need..
- Whisk everything in your egg bread coat section..
- Chop all of your firm but ripe fruits. You'll want them sweet. It'll keep you from having to use Simple or Maple Syrup..
- Go with with a thick sliced Artisanal bread or Texas Toast..
- Dip your bread into your egg mixture and coat again with sweetened shredded coconut on both sides..
- This recipe goes great with thick sliced homemade banana bread as well. Just follow the same directions. ;0).
- Garnish with additional shredded coconut. The homemade strawberry preserves really do make this dish so feel free to serve it to the side for dipping. You'll even be able to forgo syrup with it. Enjoy!.