You can cook Alfredo Pasta using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Alfredo Pasta
- Prepare of fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta.
- Prepare of spinach.
- You need of sun-dried tomatoes.
- It’s of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare of raw cashews (soaked for at least 4h if you don’t have a high-powered blender).
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of chopped basil.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of salt.
Alfredo Pasta step by step
- Soak the cashews at least 4 hours upfront if you don’t have a high-powered blender..
- Cook the pasta until al dente (according to package instructions). Before draining the pasta reserve 1.3 cups of the pasta cooking water (for the sauce)..
- In a large pan, warm the olive oil, then added minced/pressed garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add the spinach and cook until all of the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside..
- Drain the cashews and transfer to a blender. Add 0.6 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Blend until the sauce is completely smooth. If too thick, add more pasta cooking water to help..
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and the sauce. Mix until all of the pasta is lightly coated in sauce..
- Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan, fresh basil and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)..