Onion chutney. Onion chutney recipe made in south Indian style to serve with idli, dosa and other breakfast recipes. This is very simple to make and can be refrigerated. Onion chutney – right back at ya!
About this recipe: This is a tasty starter that can be found in every Indian restaurant around England and Scotland. This is simple and very refreshing. Onion Chutney recipe comes to rescue when there is no tomato or coconut in stock. You can have Onion chutney using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Onion chutney
- You need 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small sliced onion.
- Prepare of Salt,pepper and chaat masala just for flavor.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon cumin seeds.
My mom makes often, MIL too makes the same way. Very simple yet spicy and flavourful. Make delicious onion chutney that's perfect to serve with many meals with our easy and simple recipe. Onion Chutney Recipe, Pyaz Chutney, How To Make Onion Chutney Recipe.
Onion chutney instructions
- Roast in 1 teaspoon oil sliced onion.
- Do not brown them just cool for 1 minute and add all spices then cool down and add into tamarind sauce..
- If you add already all the ingredients well in tamarind sauce then these quantities of spices are enough but if you didn't add any spice then extend the quantity to full teaspoon of every spice I mentioned and also add 1 teas jaggery powder or sugar.
Curry House Style Cold Onion Chutney is so easy to make! You know those sliced onions that are served in a red sauce with papadums before the meal at Indian restaurants? Onion chutney without coconut is commonly prepared in hotel, as they stay fresh for long time. This onion chutney is known as Vengaya Chutney in tamil (வெங்காய சட்னி) and best side dish for idli. If you want to reduce the pungency of the onions, soak them in cold water for a few minutes before using them.