Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Peel and finely mince the garlic and shallots. Remove sausage meat from casing and chop roughly or crumble. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add Italian sausage meat and fry for approx.
I have been looking for a chunky meaty sauce, and this is it! I removed the casings from the sausage and instead of chopping them into pieces, I mixed the sausage with the ground beef. Italian Sausage with Pasta and HerbsPork. You can have Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream
- Prepare 5 of Italian sausages, casings removed and cut into 1/4 in rounds.
- You need 16 oz of dry pasta (ideally penne, but I only had linguine).
- It’s 1 of bulb fennel, chopped (reserve the fronds for garnish).
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Pumpkin Pasta with Italian SausageSimply Whisked. I used Hot Italian Sausage for this recipe. This is a really good pasta dish. You can adjust the heat according to your taste.
Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausages to the pan (no oil needed, they'll release oil as they cook). Fry until the sausages start to brown. If your pot of water is boiling by this point, drop in the pasta..
- Add the fennel to the pan of sausages and fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and fry another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a couple of splashes of pasta cooking water and turn the heat down to low..
- Stir the butter into the sauce until it melts, then add the cream. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste..
- When the pasta is a minute from done, drag it into the pan of sauce. Toss everything together. Add pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the noodles. Serve with a garnish of the fennel fronds and freshly grated parmesan..
I like my food a little. Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is the perfect dinner dish to whip up when you're running low on time and ingredients. Italian sausages go insanely well in both white and red sauces as they feature a flavour combo of pork and fennel. Of course you can also use regular sausages, but I'd recommend. This hearty fall pasta gets a double dose of fennel flavor, from both fresh fennel and fennel seed in the sausage.