Boston cream pie. This Boston Cream Pie is a classic cake – not a pie at all! It's a lovely vanilla cake layered with fresh pastry cream and chocolate ganache – all from scratch! A Boston cream pie is an American dessert consisting of a yellow butter cake filled with custard or cream and topped with chocolate glaze.
Two layers of yellow cake are filled with pastry cream and topped off with a chocolate glaze. It is sure to be a favorite! Boston Cream Pie History: Cooks in New England and Pennsylvania Dutch regions were known for their cakes and pies and the dividing line between them was very thin. You can have Boston cream pie using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Boston cream pie
- It’s of Custard Filling.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare of vanilla bean split or 1.5 tsp vanilla extact.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rum.
- Prepare of cake batter.
- Prepare 2 cups of sifted flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsalted butter (room temp).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s of chocolate ganache.
- Prepare 2 cups of bitter sweet chocolate.
- You need 1 tbsp of brute cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of bourbon (optional).
The dessert was first Despite the name, it's not a pie at all. Filled with a rich and velvety pastry cream, what truly makes. This Boston Cream Pie recipe features a simple vanilla cake filled with homemade pastry cream and topped with a chocolate ganache. Six years ago, I made my grandma a Boston cream pie for her.
Boston cream pie step by step
- FOR CAKE BATTER: mix all your wet ingredients and then add to your dry, mix until smoothe. Divide the mix into two 8 inch spring pans. Bake in a 350° pre heated oven for 20 mins. Let sit until cool.
- FOR CUSTARD: Add all ingredients in a heavy bottom sauce pan, on low heat continue stirring until it starts to thicken. Let cool.
- FOR GANACHE: Add all ingredients in a heavy bottom skillet on low heat and stir until melted.
- TO BUILD: 1. On serving platter lay one half of the cake 2. Spread your custard 3. Top with the other cake 4. Pour your ganache over the top and spread evenly. Slice and enjoy!.
- Note* You can also bake these in muffin pans and turn these into Boston cream pie mini's just build them the same way and maybe double the ganache recipe..
Boston Cream Pie is transformed into cookie form with delicious, vanilla cookies, homemade pastry cream and a rich chocolate ganache. Everything you love all in one cookie! It's a beauty of a cake, with two moist, spongy layers. Boston cream pie is a simple delicious cake, usually a sponge cake or butter cake, filled with a thick layer of vanilla pastry cream and glazed with a shiny chocolate ganache. This easy Boston Cream Pie recipe is semi-homemade with a cream filling but tastes like you spent You can even make Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes instead of a cake.