You can cook Nicoise pasta using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nicoise pasta
- It’s 16 oz of dry linguine noodles.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Nicoise pasta step by step
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Drop in the linguine once the water comes to a boil. When the pasta's about 3/4 cooked, moved onto Step 2..
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to a large pan on medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sweat gently for 1 minute. Add the basil and cook another 1 minute. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the cream, along with a good pinch of salt and a pinch of ground white pepper. Let the sauce warm through as the pasta finishes cooking..
- When the pasta's cooked, drag the noodles into the pan of sauce. If it all gets too clumpy, add a splash of pasta cooking water. Stir in the butter, then serve with a cloud of freshly grated parmesan on top..