You can have Yam Cake using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yam Cake
- Prepare 1 kg of yams.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of rum (optional).
- It’s 200 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 250 g of sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of flour.
- It’s 1 of vanilla bean.
Yam Cake step by step
- Peel and cube yams. Steam for about 20 min or until cooked through (check by piercing with a fork). Mash well.
- Cool a bit, then whisk in eggs, rum, sugar, vanilla seeds and butter. Fold in the flour.
- Bake in a 170°C oven for 50-60 min. The cake should still be jiggly. Take out of the pan and let cool completely. Enjoy :).