Whiskey Maple Onion Jam. We are back with a great recipe! This recipe for Whiskey Maple Bacon Jam is going to be your most favorite holiday recipe. Maybe the idea of bacon jam sounds The onions caramelize and become soft and sweet, which is complemented by the maple syrup and brown sugar.
The jam tastes rich and onion-mellow, with the perfect level of sweetness and a good bit of spice to add an extra layer of flavor. It doesn't hurt that it's ridiculously easy to make. This easy-to-make sweet-tart onion jam is great with roasted meats and poultry, grilled salmon and even fresh goat cheese. You can cook Whiskey Maple Onion Jam using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whiskey Maple Onion Jam
- It’s 2 of purple onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coursely ground black pepper.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle this savory onion jam over a bar of cream cheese for a perfect appetizer with crackers or use as a sandwich spread. Pure Cane Sugar, Shallots, Apples, Onions,Maple Syrup, Fruit Pectin, White Vinegar, *Bacon (curedwith water, salt, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite. May alsocontain smoke flavoring, sugar, dextrose, brown sugar, sodiumphosphate, potassium chloride, flavoring), Citric Acid, BeefFlavor Broth.
Whiskey Maple Onion Jam instructions
- Add the onions and 1/4 cup of water to a medium pot and put it on high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally until most of the water is gone. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt..
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and continue cooking until the onions are sticky and the colour of milk chocolate. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning. This step will take about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the whiskey. Put it back on the heat and allow the whiskey to cook off for 1 or 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the sugar but do not stir. Jiggle the pot if you have to. Do it carefully; being splattered with hot sugar is the worst..
- Let the sugar fully melt, then keep cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar, and another couple of pinches of salt and cook for a final 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper. Let it cool before you taste it..
Super easy slow cooker onion jam/marmalade/spread with maple and smoky chipotle chilies! Does anything sound better than that? But let's get back to the Maple Bacon Onion Jam. I think I'm obsessed with it. The flavor is sweet, salty, and smoky and is just what you need to take your sandwiches, burgers, and appetizers to the next level.