Almond pear shortbread bars. Pear Almond Shortbread Bars. by: drbabs. Place rack in center of oven. Bowl, Combine flour, sugar, butter, egg Yolk And almond extract.
These shortbread bars are an easy baking recipe for butter shortbread. Heavenly Lemon Shortbread Bars. (Image credit: Emma Christensen). Beat together the butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) on medium-high speed until they are completely combined, turn pale yellow, and resemble creamy. You can have Almond pear shortbread bars using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond pear shortbread bars
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of diced pears.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- You need of Crumble topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softenend.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
Combine flour, icing sugar and salt in large bowl. I made us Almond Fudge Shortbread Bars and they're the perfect dessert to try out this weekend. The recipe itself is insanely simple. And the fudge topping is made in the microwave!
Almond pear shortbread bars instructions
- Line a 9×9” pan with foil and grease with butter. Cooking sprays are the devil..in my opinion. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust by slowly mixing all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes..
- If pears are ripe and soft – Core and diced. If pears are tougher you will need to par cook them by doing the following: place the diced pears in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that half the pears are covered. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then simmering for about 5 minutes until the pears just start to turn semi-translucent. Drain very well..
- Stir together pears, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Mix the topping ingredients together just as you did for the crust. It will be crumbly..
- Remove the hot crust from the oven. Sprinkle the pears carefully on top (make sure they are well drained first – do not add any of the extra liquid!), then sprinkle with the topping. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the crumble topping starts to brown..
- Cool in pan completely before using foil to lift out..
- Slice and serve..
Try this almond raspberry shortbread cookie bars recipe! These gluten free raspberry shortbread cookies are great for breakfast. Raspberry Almond Shortbread Bars-buttery shortbread bars topped with raspberry jam, almond streusel, and a sweet almond glaze. I love making these Almond Shortbread Bars during the holidays because they are festive, super easy to make, and everyone loves them! An easy shortbread recipe, some good quality jam and flaked almonds are all you need. #sugarsaltmagic #shortbread #shortbreadrecipe #shortbreadbars #almondbars Sweet, chewy, firm and soft all at once Raspberry Almond Shortbread Bars are your new go to easy bake bar.