Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad.
You can have Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad
- You need of to 6 smoked mackerel (oak smoked are best) filets, depending on size , skin removed.
- Prepare of tagliatelle, cooked.
- You need of salt substitute or salt for boiling pasta.
- It’s of vegetable stock cube for boiling pasta.
- Prepare of horseradish.
- Prepare of garlic puree.
- You need of sundried tomato puree.
- You need of frozen broccoli cut into tiny florets.
- You need of frozen petite pois (smallest peas).
- Prepare of pieces sundried tomatoes in olive oil. Reserve tablespoon of the oil.
- You need of jar or can of white asparagus tips drained, gently dry roasted until just browning in griddle pan.
Sig's Smoked Mackerel Salad step by step
- Skin the filets, break into bite sized pieces, chill in refrigerator..
- Mix the horseradish with garlic puree and then the sundried tomato puree.
- Boil the tagliatelle in salted water to which the stock cube has been added. Either boil as to instructions on packet or to your liking.
- Cut the broccoli into little florets, gently mix with the petite pois.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes.
- dry roast the asparagus in a hot griddle pan until slightly browned..
- I do not recommend using the green variety from a jar as it does not griddle pan well. You may of course use both, green or white cooked from fresh and then griddled..
- When the tagliatelle is cooked add the three table spoons of sundried olive oil to it. Mix in the the combined horseradish, garlic puree and sundried tomato puree.
- Add the broccoli and peas ( petite pois). Gently lift the mackerel under until well combined..
- Top with the griddled asparagus ..
- Eat straight away or leave to chill in refrigerator..
- I have no eaten this with other smoked fish but I should think it works well too ..