Brad's Chinese almond chicken.
You can cook Brad's Chinese almond chicken using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's Chinese almond chicken
- It’s of For the almond gravy.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 6 Oz of package blanched slivered almonds.
- You need 1 qt of half and half.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s of For the chicken.
- Prepare 3 of large chicken breasts, cut length wise into 1" strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Prepared jasmine rice.
- It’s of Green onions for garnish.
Brad's Chinese almond chicken instructions
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast almonds. Stir constantly until they brown well and get very aromatic. Set aside to cool..
- Melt butter in a wok or dutch oven. Add flour and make a roux. Stir constantly until mixture becomes very brown and nutty smelling..
- Meanwhile add cooled almonds to a food processor and chop fine..
- Add 2/3 of the almonds to the roux. Also add chicken bouillon. Slowly add cream to the roux in small amounts. Fully incorporate each time. About 3/4 of the qt should be good at first..
- Keep gravy warm on the lowest setting on the stove while frying the chicken..
- Heat oil for frying. It should cover about half of the chicken strip in the pan. Use a medium low setting..
- Mix flour and garlic powder. Place in a bowl. Place egg and panko in separate bowls..
- Dredge chicken in flour then egg, then panko. Place in hot oil and fry on both sides until panko is golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Drain on paper towels..
- During this process the gravy will thicken. Mix small amount of cream back in to keep texture creamy.
- Plate rice. Place chicken over the top. Smother in almond gravy. Garnish with more toasted almonds and green onions. I served with a broccoli slaw with snow peas and toasted sesame ginger dressing. Serve immediately. Enjoy.