You can have Beef Stew by using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is what you need to do to create that:
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- You need 1.5 lb of beef chuck, chopped into cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of pinot noir.
- You need 5 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of large potato, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
Beef Stew instructions
- Combine flour, powdered garlic, salt and pepper in a gallon plastic bag and shake vigorously. Add cubed beef and toss to coat..
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, then add onions and beef. Cook until browned..
- Deglaze pot with red wine. After all the brown bits are scraped off the bottom, stir in all the other ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour..
- Create a slurry with cornstarch and water. Add slowly to pot and thicken to desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste..