Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice. I love paella, but it's expensive and not everyone likes the mussels and sausage in it. Penang Chee Cheong Fun (Steamed Rice Rolls with Shrimp Paste)Awayofmind Bakery House. Steamed Glutinous Rice with Dried Shrimps, Chinese Sausage and Mushrooms (Lor Mai Farn)The Food Canon.
And although bouillon can be substituted for the chicken stock, nothing beats homemade chicken stock, whose rich flavor is absorbed by the rice as it cooks. A one-dish Spanish meal is a flavorful solution to the “what's for dinner?” weekenight question. This authentic dish features the mild flavor of typical Spanish cuisine. You can have Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice
- Prepare 1/2 of Yellow Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of Red Onion.
- You need 1 Cup of Golden or Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 3/4 Tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Coriander.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Tumeric.
- Prepare 1 Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 12-24 of Pacific Shrimp 26/30 count.
- Prepare of Mrs. Dash to Taste.
- It’s of for the sauce.
- You need 2 of Cried Prunes Re hydrated.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Orange Marmalade.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Broken Walnuts.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Orange Peel.
These shrimp are super-easy to make–just coat them in a simple batter, cook them in a little oil and toss with a tangy sesame-orange sauce. The staff at EatingWell simply could not get enough of these delicious shrimp while we were developing this recipe. Serve with: Brown basmati rice and steamed. Transfer the shrimp and the sauce onto the asparagus.
Steamed Orange Shrimp and Spanish Rice instructions
- Place cooking bowl in your Rice Cooker, and add Olive Oil. Turn on and let heat for 1 minute. Add red onion, garlic, oregano, coriander, cumin, salt and turmeric to the bowl; stir using a wooden spoon, to coat with oil. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add golden rice, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add water; stir. Add drained tomatoes on top of rice – do not stir in. Cover and make sure the Rice Cooker is turned on to cook..
- Use cooking spray on the interior of your steaming tray. Pan fry cleaned (tails off, and deveined if you did not already purchase them that way) shrimp for 1-2 minutes before placing them in the steaming tray. After 25 minutes of the rice cooking, place the steaming tray on the cooking bowl, (or in the cooking bowl, if not using a Cuisinart Rice Cooker / Steamer.) Cook until the rice cooker switches to warm mode..
- WHILE THE RICE IS COOKING, prepare the Sauce – Combine in a small saucepan the 1/4 cup of the marmalade, (reserving the rest) with raisins and prunes. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of marmalade, with walnuts, water and the orange peel..
- To serve, place the rice in soup bowls, arrange the steamed shrimp on top of the rice, and spoon the orange sauce atop the Shrimp and Rice. If you have remaining orange sauce, it can be reserved for several days after for use in other dishes..
How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find. It Tastes Like It Came Straight From The Restaurant. This bright and flavorful orange flavored rice is a complementary side that goes with many dishes. Some orange juice, butter, and chopped vegetables give ordinary white rice bright color and fresh flavor.