Fresh Asparagus And Pesto Sauce For Pasta.
You can have Fresh Asparagus And Pesto Sauce For Pasta using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Asparagus And Pesto Sauce For Pasta
- Prepare of Asparagus tips.
- You need of Baby courgettes.
- You need of Spring onions.
- You need of Pesto.
- Prepare of Fromage frais.
- Prepare of Soft cheese.
- You need of Garlic.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper.
- It’s of Mixed dried herbs.
- Prepare of unit Half lemon zest and squeeze of juice.
- It’s of as needed Pasta of your choice, tagliatelle is good with this..
- Prepare of unit Finely grated parmesan.
Fresh Asparagus And Pesto Sauce For Pasta step by step
- Roughly chop the asparagus, courgette, onions and garlic. Add these to a pan, add boiling water enough to just cover the veg and a pinch of salt. Blanch for 3-4 minutes..
- Turn pan off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. do not drain the water! With a hand held blender (or transfer to a food processer), roughly blend untill you have a sauce consistency. Add the remaining ingredients apart from the Parmesan and blend further untill desired consistancy. I prefer mine still with a bit of texture so I dont completely purée it..
- Reheat the sauce for about 5 minutes. Serve over pasta and add Parmesan over the top. If you want a protein with this, chicken or fish would go well, or even stir through some cooked pancetta. I served this with salmon..