Macrobiotic Marbled Cocoa Pound Cake.
You can have Macrobiotic Marbled Cocoa Pound Cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Macrobiotic Marbled Cocoa Pound Cake
- It’s of A) Cake flour (or rice cake flour).
- You need of A) Raw cane sugar.
- You need of A) Almond flour.
- It’s of A) Baking powder (aluminium-free).
- You need of Van Houten Pure Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare of Additive-free, unsweetened soy milk.
- Prepare of Grapeseed oil.
Macrobiotic Marbled Cocoa Pound Cake instructions
- Set aside about 15 ml of soy milk and add the rest to a bowl with the grapeseed oil and mix together..
- Sift the "A" ingredients into the soy milk in 3-4 batches whilst stirring. Add the raw cane sugar (small lumps and all) and stir it in..
- In a separate bowl, sift in the cocoa powder and add 1/4 of the mixture from Step 2 along with the rest of the soy milk. Mix well..
- Fold the cocoa mixture into the mixture from Step 2 without thoroughly mixing. It should look like the batter in the photo..
- Grease a pound cake tin with a little oil and line with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the cake tin..
- Bake for 35 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C. About 8 minutes into baking, remove the cake from the oven and make a cut down the middle with a knife..
- Insert a skewer into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, it's finished baking. If there is raw batter stuck to the skewer, then cover the cake in foil and bake for a few more minutes..
- After baking, remove the cake from the tin immediately and leave to cool on a cake rack (or a regular wire rack). For best results, place a gauze cloth over the top while it's cooling..