Cacio e Peppe (Pasta with Cheese & Pepper). Mix Pecorino and fresh ground pepper in a bowl, boil pasta in salted water, lift pasta into the bowl with cheese and pepper and toss with splashes of reserved cooking liquid until thick. A classic Italian dish, this Cacio e Pepe recipe translates to "cheese and pepper" pasta. It's the mac and cheese of Italy, but even The waitress looked at us like we were crazy.
Cacio e pepe (Italian pronunciation: [kaˈtʃo e ˈpeːpe]) is a pasta dish from modern Roman cuisine. "Cacio e pepe" means "cheese and pepper" in several central Italian dialects. When making cacio e pepe, less is more. This peppery, cheesy classic pasta will be a hit at your next dinner party. You can cook Cacio e Peppe (Pasta with Cheese & Pepper) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cacio e Peppe (Pasta with Cheese & Pepper)
- You need 1 Pound of pasta, or Linguini.
- You need 2 tablespoons of salt, for pasta water.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grated pecorino romano.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grated parmigiano reggiano.
Get the recipe at Tasting Table from the chefs of Jon & Vinny's in L. Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo perfect the classic dish of pasta with cheese and lots of pepper. Cacio e pepe is the most divine pasta dish made with simple, high quality ingredients. Tender noodles tossed in a two-cheese Making a great Italian pasta dish doesn't need to be complicated.
Cacio e Peppe (Pasta with Cheese & Pepper) step by step
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Cook the pasta in the boiling water one minute shy of the package directions, until al dente..
- Meanwhile, add the freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt to a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Toast the pepper until fragrant, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Add one cup of pasta water to the pan, then add the cold butter and olive oil and bring to a simmer. Swirl the sauce regularly so that the olive oil and butter combine.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving a little bit of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to combine with the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the cheese in a steady stream while constantly tossing or vigorously stirring so that the cheese melts evenly into the sauce. Add reserved pasta water if needed to adjust the sauce to the right consistency.
- Serve immediately..
Cacio e pepe satisfies all cravings, combining al dente pasta with a. Cacio e Pepe is a simple Roman pasta dish that is easy to make and tastes absolutely heavenly. This cheesy peppery Italian pasta is The translation of Cacio e Pepe literally means cheese and pepper. This pasta dish is incredibly simple, but packs a lot of rich. Cacio e Pepe (Spaghetti With Black Pepper and Pecorino Romano) Recipe.