Sublime Fluffy Cocoa Chiffon Cake. Japanese style chocolate cake roll made from a super soft and fluffy chiffon cake that melts in the mouth. Inside, it's filled with a light chocolate whipped cream. Airy and not overly sweet with all the chocolate goodness, it's so easy to indulge in the whole cake all by yourself!
The resulting flavor is very mild and rich. Just make sure to make a batter using powdered coconut milk. Learn how to make super soft and fluffy pandan chiffon cake (or basic chiffon cake) every time at home. You can cook Sublime Fluffy Cocoa Chiffon Cake using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sublime Fluffy Cocoa Chiffon Cake
- Prepare of 18cm chiffon cake mold.
- Prepare of Egg yolks.
- It’s of Egg whites.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- It’s of Cocoa powder.
- You need of Powdered coconut milk.
- Prepare of Baking powder.
- You need of Granulated sugar.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Brandy (water).
A complete guide and tips to make sure you can replicate this recipe at home successfully. This Chocolate Chiffon Cake is moist and chocolately and has a mocha filling and is covered with a shiny chocolate glaze. This Chocolate Chiffon Cake is so versatile. At its simplest just dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder or powdered sugar.
Sublime Fluffy Cocoa Chiffon Cake instructions
- Combine all powdered ingredients and sift. Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Preheat oven to 170℃..
- Add half of the granulated sugar into the bowl with the egg yolks and whip until white and thick. Add vegetable oil, water, and brandy..
- Sift the powdered ingredients into the bowl. Make sure to mix well..
- Into the bowl of egg whites, add the rest of the granulated sugar in small batches to make a thick meringue..
- Add a third of the meringue to the batter from step 3 and fold in. Then, add half of the remaining meringue and mix together..
- Finally, pour the batter into the bowl of the remaining meringue. Fold in lightly in a cutting motion from the bottom up..
- Pour into the chiffon mold. Hold the center of the mold, lift, and tap lightly onto the workplace to remove any air bubbles..
- Set the timer for 30 minutes and bake in a 170℃ oven. Optional: While it's baking, make four to five cuts into the cake..
- Turn the oven down to 160℃ about 10 minutes before finishing (you could omit this step and keep it at 170℃ if you wish)..
- Take it out, flip the mold upside-down, and set on a glass to cool. The cake will fall apart if immediately taken out of the mold..
- When the batter has cooled down, use a cake knife to remove the edges. Use a bamboo skewer for the center. Flip over and transfer onto a plate..
- Serve with whipped cream and fruits if you wish..
To dress it up, you can pour a rich and glossy. This Hot Cocoa Chiffon Cake is a light chocolate flavored cake with cinnamon and vanilla flavors. Layered with a vanilla whipped cream, you are sure to love this cake! I am really excited to be a part of a new baking group – The Cake Slice Bakers. I heard about the group, just forming, about a month.