Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada. Be the first to write a review! Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu. An empanada is a type of baked or fried turnover consisting of pastry and filling, common in Southern European, Latin American, Indonesian, and the Philippines cultures.
This article has not been rated yet. Stir in potato, raisins, water and salt. I believe food is better when shared (unless it's the last bite!), so I was thrilled when Better Homes & Gardens invited me to share a Essentially an empanada is a hand pie. You can have Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada
- It’s 4 of large firm apples.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chunky cinnamon apple sauce.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts.
- You need 2/3 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 10 of large discos/empanada pastries.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need As needed of peanut oil to medium fry in.
- You need As needed of equal amounts of cinnamon and sugar mixed.
They can be sweet or savory. The dough is only three ingredients and these pineapple empanadas are. Made with real sweet raisins, dates and crunchy walnuts. Quaker Instant Oatmeal is made from Product details.
Apple, Walnut, Raisin, Empanada instructions
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan. Let them cool just a bit and chop them into pieces..
- Peel and core the apples. I used a melon baller to remove the cores. It's easier and less waste of the apple. Add the honey, raisins, salt, cinnamon, apple sauce, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add the walnuts stir in allow to simmer 15 minutes. Cover and let cool. Start getting the discos at room temperature..
- Heat the oil. Then add about 1/4 cup in the center of a disco. Fold over and crimp the joining edges. Cut 3 slits into the dough to allow steam to escape whilst frying. Fry golden to dark brown. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
First I will say I blame myself for. To make the empanada dough Add raisins and sugar. Empanadas are stuffed pastries that are very popular in South America. Empanadas probably came to South America with the Spaniards, but they South American empanadas often have a sweet dough (sometimes they are even sprinkled with powdered sugar) that is a perfect contrast to the savory filling. Though empanadas are most often thought of as savory pies, they can also be made of fruits and served as a dessert or for merienda (teatime).