"Holiday" French Toast. Frankie takes a weekend favorite and puts a Holiday spin on it. Be it breakfast or brunch, you will love trying this recipe with family and friends! Made with loads of cinnamon, maple syrup, fresh fruit and powdered sugar, this is what it takes to make good holiday French toast.
The Best French Toast at Asaya Hotel in Kinugawa Onsen. What a lovely early Christmas gift! Thank you all and best wishes for a happy holiday in Japan and for the year ahead. You can have "Holiday" French Toast using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Holiday" French Toast
- You need 3 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of eggnog.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of thick slice bread (Panettone).
- You need 3 tbs. of crushed walnuts.
- It’s 2 oz. of breakfast syrup.
- It’s 2 slices of fresh orange for garnish.
Make French Toast using egg nog for the dip. Soak a good bread, I like using Challah bread cut thick, soak in a good quality egg nog A little Swedish Holiday Glugg in these recipes might not hurt either. This French toast recipe is different because it uses flour. Overnight French Toast Casserole topped with a brown sugar crumble and berries.
"Holiday" French Toast step by step
- Heat a very large pan over medium heat. Add in the oil (or use leftover bacon grease)..
- Beat the egg in a large wide bowl. [If making more than one serving, add another egg].
- Mix in the eggnog and the spices and whisk this a few times..
- Slice a 1” thick piece of Panettone bread. If desired, you can slice this in half (from top to bottom) to make two slices of bread..
- Dip the bread into the egg batter, let it soak for 2-3 seconds, and then flip the bread over to coat the other side..
- Quickly add the coated slice of bread to the heated pan and fry for 2-3 minutes per side. Check for a nice even brown color before flipping it over. [Add oil if needed when doing side two].
- Plate the toast and top with crushed walnuts and syrup. Garnish with orange slices and enjoy..
A delicious spin on french toast and perfect for holiday gatherings or Sunday brunch! Turkey Hill Egg Nog Holiday French Toast Recipe. This easy french toast casserole is a tasty holiday breakfast/brunch! It's quick to prepare & there's no need for overnight chilling. Gather cookie cutters that are representative of various holidays (a dreidel, a wreath, a bell, a piata, and so on).