Braised Tofu with Green Onion. Ginger and green onions not only highlight the taste but also give the whole dish a combination of fine aroma. Pan-fry tofu both sides until golden brown. Use remaining oil to stir-fry ginger until light brown at medium high heat.
Cooking oil, garlic, green onion, hot pepper flakes, onion, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, tofu, water. Braised Tofu is an authentic Chinese restaurant dish that you can easily make at home. Using silken tofu, all it takes is a quick deep fry and then a transfer into a hot wok. You can have Braised Tofu with Green Onion using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Tofu with Green Onion
- You need 400 g of tofu.
- It’s 5 of green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of chilli pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 100 ml of water.
Braised tofu—using silken tofu that's first fried and then braised—is a dish usually enjoyed at a Chinese restaurant, because. Green onion tofu salad contains only four ingredients and takes five minutes to prepare. The tofu tastes so refreshing with the nutty sesame oil and You might be familiar with cooking firm or semi-firm tofu in stir-fry, braised dishes, or frying. But did you know that you can cook a lot of dishes with silken.
Braised Tofu with Green Onion instructions
- Cut tofu into about 5cm width-wise and 1cm thick slices. Mince the garlic, cut green onion into segments. Slice the chilli pepper..
- Absorb the tofu liquid with paper towels. Heat 1 tbsp oil, pan fry tofu until crisp and golden. Push tofu to the edge. (I use hard bean curd, if you use soft tofu, can dust with flour before pan fry it).
- Add a little oil, saute garlic, white part of green onion..
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar and pinch of salt. 100ml water, cook for 2 minutes over low heat..
- Before serving add green part of green onion, chilli pepper. Stir fry until the sauce half reduced..
Everyone knows tofu is good for the body. Dubu Jorim ("Dubu" means tofu. "Jorim" means braising) gives a great flavour and a spicy kick to healthy tofu that could be somewhat dull to your taste buds. Dubu Jorim is one of the banchan's (side dishes) that appear often on Korean lunch or dinner table. How To Make This Braised Tofu with Ground Pork – Step by Step. Drain the tofu and place on towels or paper towels.