Caribbean Rum Cake FUSF.
You can cook Caribbean Rum Cake FUSF using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caribbean Rum Cake FUSF
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of white rum.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coconut extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of Rum soaking syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark rum.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pecans chopped fine.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut flakes, lightly toasted.
Caribbean Rum Cake FUSF instructions
- Preheat oven to 325..
- Place all cake batter ingredients except the rum, extracts and nuts into bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add rum and extracts and beat for another minute..
- Spray a bundt pan heavily with cooking spray. Dust lightly with flour..
- Spread a little batter in pan and sprinkle on half the pecans. Fill the rest of the pan with batter and sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top. Lightly stir the nuts into the batter. Bake for 50-55 minutes..
- Leave cake in pan and make syrup. In saucepan combine the syrup ingredients except coconut extract. Bring to boil, then simmer and cook without stirring for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in extract..
- Poke multiple holes in cake with skewer (still in pan). Pour syrup in 1/4 cup increments over cake, allowing to soak in thoroughly. Reserve a small amount of syrup..
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature overnight. When ready to serve invert onto a plate. If you have difficulty removing cake from pan, place in 350 oven for about 5 minutes..
- Drizzle a bit of syrup on top of cake. Sprinkle with coconut and finely chopped nuts and finish with rest of syrup..