Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 of large russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt free all purpose seasoning, poultry seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each garlic powder, nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen corn kernels.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
Creamy Chicken Stew – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the veggies and seasonings in. Place the chicken breasts over the top of the veggies then pour in the broth. Place the lid on, set the heat to low and cook for about 6 hours, until everything is tender and the chicken is cooked through..
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then stir in the frozen corn and peas. In a small measuring glass, whisk together the flour and the cream until it's relatively smooth, then stir that mixture into the slow cooker. Place the lid back on and let it cook for another 45-60 minutes, until it has thickened up and the flour taste has cooked off. Taste for any additional seasoning you'd like to add, then serve..