Snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles Recipe & Video. click for printable file. Snickerdoodles are also called Snipdoodles or Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. Super Soft And Full Of Cinnamon – This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe Is Sure To Be A Hit!
Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar. You can have Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbs of baking powder.
- You need 3 cups of AP flour.
- You need of For coating:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg.
These classic cookies are soft, chewy, and coated with a delicious cinnamon-sugar mixture. Like a sugar cookie wrapped in a cinnamon sugar hug, these My recipe yields the softest and thickest snickerdoodles you'll ever taste. A plain snickerdoodle is good, but wouldn't you rather have it stuffed with cheesecake, blended into a milkshake, or crumbled on top of a summer fruit crisp? You Are Going To Love This Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add powder and mix.
- Add flour slowly, and scrape down mixer as needed.
- Scoop cookies, rolling each cookie into a ball with your hands.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for topping.
- Roll each cookie in topping a d place on cookie sheet.
- They will not spread but will need to be flattened with a spatula before baking.
- Bake about 12 minutes, centers should be soft but not doughy..
- For traditional sugar cookies, just roll out and cut the dough into shapes. It won't need to be refrigerated. Frost or decorate as you like.
- For peppermint "kringles", omit nutmeg and use only 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 2-3 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp of red food coloring..
- Roll each kringle in red and green nonpareils or regular sugar instead of the cinnamon sugar.
The Buttery Cookies Are Soft And Chewy On The Inside, Crisp Around The Edges, And Covered In Cinnamon And Sugar. Most of all, snickerdoodles remind me of baking with my mom around the holidays, and therefore will always be the top cookie in my book. How to Make Snickerdoodles with Crispy Edges and Soft and Chewy Centers. With their crinkly tops, slightly tangy flavor, and liberal dusting of cinnamon sugar, chewy snickerdoodles are a New England favorite. Snickerdoodle — A snickerdoodle is a sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar.