Seafood Arrabiata. Italian for "angry," arrabbiata is a spicy tomato sauce. Learn how Rizzuto's makes their Seafood Arrabiata. Enjoy this deliciously comforting pasta with generous spoonfuls of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
This dish plays off the spiciness by pairing it with sweet and succulent. The sweet taste of sea scallops is the perfect foil to the spicy tomato sauce in this dish. When seafood is cooked, add pasta to sauce in pan. You can have Seafood Arrabiata using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood Arrabiata
- You need 8 oz of uncooked linguine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, divided.
- Prepare 6 oz of scallops.
- It’s 6 oz of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 12 of littleneck clams.
- You need 6 oz of mussels.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clam juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped parsley, fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil, thin sliced.
- It’s 1 (14.5 ounce) of can diced tomatoes.
We have been looking for a good Italian restaurant since we moved but none of them make Arrabiata like they do back home. Arrabbiata sauce, or sugo all'arrabbiata in Italian, is a spicy sauce for pasta made from garlic, tomatoes, and dried red chili peppers cooked in olive oil. The sauce originates from the Lazio region, around Rome. It packs one heck of a punch.
Seafood Arrabiata step by step
- Cook pasta omitting salt and oil in water, drain. While the pasta cooks, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and shrimp; cook 3 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add Orion, red pepper and garlic and cook 2 minutes..
- Add tomato paste and tomatoes; bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Add clam juice; cook 1 minute. Add clams; cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 4 minutes. Add mussels; cover and cook 3 minutes or until clams and mussels open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in scallops and shrimps and parsley; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated..
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with basil..
- So, summer months in Florida aren't good for mussels. So I bought a bag of seafood mix and used that instead..
Fiery One-Pot Seafood Pasta With Arrabbiata Sauce. Arrabbiata sauce is a punchy sauce made up of hot red chili peppers, tomatoes, and. Prepare low fat and low saturated-fat dishes using seafood recipes at WomansDay.com. Pasta arrabiata is a recipe with quite a bit of spice. If your family prefers milder flavor, omit the crushed red pepper flakes.