You can cook Orange Muffins using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Muffins
- It’s 200 grams of Butter or margarine.
- It’s 200 grams of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 200 grams of Self Raising Flour.
- You need 3 of medium eggs.
- You need of Juice and zest of a large Orange.
- It’s of Few drops of Orange Food Colouring.
Orange Muffins step by step
- Beat butter and sugar together untill smooth and silky..
- Beat eggs gently, adding in zest, juice and food colouring, (if used).
- Add flour and egg mix, bit by bit, stirring the mixture to make sure there are no lumps, until everything is smooth and just about falls off the lifted spoon..
- Using two spoons, scoop mix into the cake cases, up to 3/4 of case top.
- Cook in medium hot oven, gas mark 5/6, 190-200 degrees Celsius, for 15 minutes, then turn tray around and cook for a further 5 minutes to brown other side..
- When cool, top with butter cream and decoration of your choice, I used sugar orange pieces from Morrison’s..