Amy's Butternut Squash Bisque.
You can have Amy's Butternut Squash Bisque using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amy's Butternut Squash Bisque
- You need 2 2/3 lb of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 of large clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Amy's Butternut Squash Bisque instructions
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash face down on a plate, pierce skin a few times, then cover and microwave on high for 13-15 minutes, or until flesh is tender..
- While squash is cooking, heat olive oil and butter on medium heat in a deep saute pan or pot. Add the onion; stir and cook until tender..
- Add the diced carrots and minced garlic, cook for 1 minute..
- Pour in the vegetable stock and season with pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and paprika. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes..
- Remove squash from microwave and scoop out flesh. Add the flesh to a blender, then pour in the soup. Puree the mixture until smooth, then return to the pot..
- Stir in the heavy cream and pumpkin pie spice. Add more broth if consistency is too thick. Heat through but do not boil. Serve warm..