Simple Gateau au Chocolat With Cocoa.
You can cook Simple Gateau au Chocolat With Cocoa using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Gateau au Chocolat With Cocoa
- You need of Pure cocoa powder.
- It’s of Whipped cream or heavy cream.
- You need of Margarine.
- It’s of ◎Cake flour.
- You need of ◎Cornstarch.
- It’s of ◎ Baking powder.
- You need of ☆Egg yolk.
- You need of ☆Sugar.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- You need of Egg white.
- Prepare of Sugar.
Simple Gateau au Chocolat With Cocoa instructions
- Preparation: Weigh out the ingredients. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Sift the ◎ ingredients twice. Grease the cake tin with margarine or vegetable oil..
- Add the cream to a saucepan and heat it up. When the edges begin to bubble, stop the heat and add in the cocoa and margarine. Mix everything together well with a whisk to create the cocoa paste..
- Mix the ☆ ingredients (egg yolks and sugar) well into the cocoa paste and transfer the mixture to a bowl..
- Using a hand mixer, make a stiff meringue out of the egg whites and sugar. Then preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the cocoa paste and mix it in with a hand mixer on low speed..
- Add the ◎ ingredients and once again mix them in with the hand mixer on low speed..
- Pour half of the remaining meringue into the cocoa paste mixture and fold it in from the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue and fold it in again. Be careful not to crush any of the air bubbles of the meringue while you're mixing..
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and drop it lightly onto a surface 2-3 times. Bake it in the oven for 40 minutes. Once baked, leave it in the oven to cool..
- When the gateau au chocolat has cooled, chill it well in the refrigerator. Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top to finish if you'd like..
- When I chill the gateau au chocolat in the fridge I tend to cover it in parchment paper and aluminium foil secured in place with a rubber band..