French Onion Chicken and Asparagus. Making Skillet French Onion Chicken needs to move to the top of your to-do list. This chicken recipe boasts perfectly seasoned chicken, pan-fried to perfection and smothered in melty cheeses and a caramelized onion gravy. Pair this with my Garlic Roasted Asparagus for a date night meal no one.
Place asparagus and onion in the skillet. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. Caramelized onions are the shining stars in this French Onion Chicken from Delish.com. You can cook French Onion Chicken and Asparagus using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Onion Chicken and Asparagus
- Prepare 2-3 of boneless skinless chicken breast diced.
- Prepare of Dry packet of french onion soup mix.
- It’s 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry white, or cooking wine.
- Prepare Bunch of Asparagus.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
Add onions and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! Modern French Onion Soup is made with a beef broth (and sometimes chicken broth is added too) and caramelized onions. The key is that the onions are cooked I like to serve my French Onion Chicken Casserole with roasted asparagus or broccoli to add color and make it a complete meal.
French Onion Chicken and Asparagus step by step
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil, chicken broth, and wine. Dump in soup mix and let simmer a few min. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a large pan cook chicken untill done, add sauce and asparagus. Mix corn starch with 1-1 1/2 tbsp water and add to pan. Let simmer untill sauce thickens..
- Serve hot, goes well with mashed potatoes..
Saucy one pan French onion chicken with juicy pan-seared chicken smothered in caramelized onion gravy and three kinds of melty Italian cheese. French Onion Chicken. with arugula salad and white balsamic vinaigrette. We know everybody loves French onion soup, so we figured out a way to incorporate those flavors into a delicious chicken dinner. Caramelized onions braise with chicken and broth, all topped with a thick layer of melty Gruyère cheese. The chicken turns out succulent and tender, and it's nestled into a bed of rich, aromatic onions spiked with tangy mustard.