Steamed Chicken with Green Onion Sauce. Ingredients needed: -whole chicken -ginger -salt -green onion -peanut oil -water -shitake mushrooms (optional) -vegetable on side (optional) (gailan. Chinese steamed chicken with ginger and green onion. I have made this steamed chicken recipe several times this summer.
Dress up plain chicken breasts with a low-fat white sauce flavored with green onions, garlic and thyme. Serve over steamed rice so you won't miss any. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. You can cook Steamed Chicken with Green Onion Sauce using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Chicken with Green Onion Sauce
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken thigh.
- Prepare of < Marinated water >.
- It’s 5 slices of Ginger.
- You need 5 cm of Kombu seaweed.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 500 cc of Water.
- Prepare of < Green onion dressing >.
- Prepare 100 g of Green onion.
- You need 20 g of Ginger.
- It’s 150 cc of Canola oil.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Scrape bottom and sides of pan, using a rubber spatula. This recipe for "Chicken with Green Onion Sauce" is fresh, refreshing, and delicious. The chicken is tender, juicy and full of refreshing green onion flavor.
Steamed Chicken with Green Onion Sauce instructions
- Prepare 350g of chicken thigh, cut, open and flatten meat to an even thickness.
- Steam meat with skin side down in a steamer for 10 min. After 10 min, turn off heat, turn meat over, close the lid and leave for 5 min.
- Prepare sauce to marinate. In a container, pour water, salt, mix well and add ginger. Add kelp if you like for an extra flavour..
- Place chicken when cool in a container with a sauce, leave it overnight in a fridge, so chicken get better marinated..
- Prepare a green onion dressing. Cut green onion and ginger in a small pieces, put both into a heat resistant bowl. Heat up 150ml canola oil. Be careful, it's very dangerous, don't leave it unattended. Pour heated oil into a bowl to get flavours and mix well..
- Slice marinated chicken into bite size pieces. place them on a plate and done !! If you wish, cilantro and white sesame will go very well..
- 2 min half video for this recipe by Coozy Life. Https://youtu.be/nGFuReIpvZo.
My mouth can't stop watering while I am typing, I am going to enjoy this dish now 🙂 I hope you will give this recipe a try sometime this week, you will. Steamed Chicken With Green Onions is a tasty dish that is perfect for an elaborate weekday dinner. Combine ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl and pour over chicken. Remove the plate from the steamer and pour any liquid that has collected into a Slice the chicken on the diagonal and return to the plate. Spoon over the soy dressing and top with the spring onion oil.