Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta. This classic, vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce with sage is a delicious accompaniment to your favorite pasta! It's healthy, surprisingly easy to make and need I say absolutely delicious! My butternut squash pasta sauce relies on a nut or dairy fat to help balance the starch, creating a creamy, almost cheese-like texture that is marked with a hint of the squash's sweetness.
While the butternut squash is roasting, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Once the squash is tender, remove and transfer to a blender with the garlic and shallots with chicken stock. You can have Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
- It’s 1 of medium butternut squash, cut into small ½-inch pieces.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 50 ml of fresh cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh parsely, chopped.
- You need 10 ounces of linguine.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Sea salt and black papper.
Butternut squash gets roasted, puréed, then tossed with Parmesan to make this nutty, creamy pasta sauce. Each serving is topped with crispy fried sage leaves, a hint of lemon zest, and toasted walnuts, adding a crunchy contrast to the squash. On busy weeknights, feel free to forgo wrestling with a giant. Spiced and creamy (yet cream-less) butternut squash sauce tossed with whole grain linguine.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta instructions
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and butternut squash to pot. Sprinkle it lightly with sea salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes..
- Add water and boil until squash is soft and liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes..
- Transfer the contents of the pot to a blender. Purée the mixture until smooth. Return the squash purée to the pot and add cream, then season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente..
- Combine pasta, squash purée source in a pan and cook over medium heat, until sauce coats pasta, about 1 min..
- Serve pasta topped with black pepper and parsley..
Top with fried sage for a healthy, comforting meal. How to Make Vegan Butternut Squash Linguine. Bon Appetit's recipe called for pancetta and chicken broth, but I knew I could easily make it vegetarian and. We already know of my butternut squash addiction. And this is just yet another way to serve up my favorite veggie.